Welcome to Lake Class
You are taught by Mrs Gallagher
Our TA is Mrs Brewer and we are supported by Mrs Henderson
This Term our theme will be:
‘Once Upon a Time’
We will be exploring traditional stories like “Goldilocks and the Three Bears” and “The Three Little Pigs”. Through talk and play we will be encouraging story telling, sequencing ideas and developing our vocabulary. We will be exploring numbers that are significant to us and exploring numbers up to 5. We will also be exploring our beautiful environment to observe the seasonal change and learn about festivals at this exciting time of year. Most importantly we will be getting to know each other and making friends.
This Term we will be:
- Revisiting Phase 1 phonics, playing sound games, making up rhymes and introducing Phase 2 Phonics, learning initial letter sounds and the corresponding grapheme.
- Discovering story telling and poems and performing our own and familiar stories for each other.
- Developing our number sense through exploring pattern, sorting and matching and introducing numbers up to five and exploring measurement.
- Learning about our school environment.
- Looking at seasonal change.
- Enjoying lovely ‘welly walks’ so please make sure your child has a pair of wellies in school.
Things to try at home-
- Practise reading daily and read stories to your child.
- Practise writing your name and letter sounds on your sound mat.
- Enjoy developing early writing by doing fun activities which include using arm, hand and back muscles like sweeping up leaves, washing windows, painting, playdough, rolling out pastry or biscuit dough.
- Practise counting up to 10 using stories and nursery rhymes and look for numbers in the environment.
Things to know and do;
We have PE on Wednesday morning and Gym on Thursday morning, can children come into school in their PE kit on those days.
Children only need to bring in a book bag, a named water bottle and a lunch box if needed.
Please name all items of clothing even shoes!!! and water bottles
If you have any worries or problems or even ‘wow’ moments at home do come in and speak to us we will be happy to resolve any issues.
For more information about Early Years please look at our curriculum page EYFS or click on the link https://www.woodfordvalley.wilts.sch.uk/EYFS/
We will welcome parents in to help this term to encourage speaking and listening and following instructions and friendships, we would like a volunteer to play board games, if you have a free afternoon please let us know.
Extra Ideas, Resources
|https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/shows/numberblocks||Lake recipes from Mrs Smith and Mrs Rowe|
- http://www.crickweb.co.uk -Early Years
|Here are some suggestions to share with your child take a look at Lake’s Reading Spine|
You could also look at our list of 10 things to do in Lake
Our Worship theme this term is ‘Thankfulness‘
Our Class Rules; To listen To be kind to each other To look after our things To share and take turns To help each other
We are learning to stay safe online at school and home, by….
* using the internet with an adult helper
* telling an adult immediately if we see anything that makes us feel uncomfortable
* understanding that many people contribute to the internet in different ways, including using sound, pictures and text
* understanding who we may be sharing our learning with when working online