This school is committed to creating the ethos in which
children can grow towards Christian life, learning and love.
And now I give you a new commandment: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. If you have love for one another, then everyone will know that you are my disciples.”
John 13 34-35
Headteacher: Rebecca Carson
|School Business Manager|
|Number on role||210|
|Hours/Salary or grade band||Grade band J 21.25hrs per week over 42 weeks a year|
|Commencement date||1st September 2021|
|Advertisement closing date||Monday 28th June 2021|
|Interview date||Week commencing 5th July 2021|
This is not a Wiltshire Council vacancy therefore please contact the school direct for further information.
Woodford Valley C of E Primary Academy is a vibrant primary school, rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2009 and ‘excellent’ by SIAMS in 2019, which converted to become a Single Academy Trust on 1st June 2012. We have a friendly and dynamic team of staff who are dedicated to making learning challenging, exciting, infectious and fun. We are seeking a colleague who shares our commitment to creating an ethos in which ‘children can grow towards Christian life, learning and love’ and is sympathetic to our Christian foundation.
We are seeking a committed and dynamic individual with previous school financial management experience to join our school. The School Business Manager is a member of the school’s Senior Leadership Team, and as such, you will be encouraged to initiate and drive change. We are looking for a team player who is able to multi task effectively, motivate others and demonstrate a commitment to achieving high standards. Ideally, the successful applicant will possess breadth and depth of experience in a school setting along with relevant SBM qualifications. In addition, high quality, transferable skills from a business environment or previous experience of the academy sector would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will:
- Work within the school leadership team, providing specialist advice and guidance to its members on finance and budget planning/reporting, human resources, premises, facilities and project management, striving for and facilitating improvement and growth.
- Take responsibility for managing administration, finance, personnel, premises, stakeholder communications, and health and safety/risk management
- Line manage the school’s office, catering and cleaning staff.
- Take the lead on income generation (including lettings, wrap-around childcare and grant applications).
- Have excellent administration and organisational skills and be unflappable in a crisis.
- Possess finely honed communication and interpersonal skills and know how to use them too effectively to reach different audiences.
In return, we can offer the successful candidate the opportunity to be part of an enthusiastic, highly motivated and professional team of staff and trustees and to make a difference to the provision of an outstanding educational experience for all our pupils. Our school leaders are fully committed to the professional development of all our staff.
A comprehensive job description and details of how to apply can be found on the school website www.woodfordvalley.wilts.sch.uk
Contract type: Permanent, 21.25hrs per week for 42 weeks a year
Closing date (and time): 12 noon Monday 28th June 2021
Interview date: Week commencing Monday 5th July 2021