Welcome to Wilsford Class
Welcome to Year 3!
It has been lovely to get to know you over the past few weeks. I am Mrs Woodley, your class teacher. The rest of the team are Mrs Fay, Mrs Jenkins and Mrs Ginn.
Children will receive spellings on a Wednesday and they will be tested the next Wednesday. The children will continue to have daily phonics, so their spellings will reflect the phonic patterns they are learning, words from the 200 High Frequency Words List and the Year 3 and 4 statutory spelling list.
PE is on a Wednesday afternoon and gymnastics is on a Thursday morning. Children need to wear school uniform and have their PE kit in school on a Wednesday which they will then wear this home. On a Thursday they need to come to school wearing PE kit with their school uniform to change into.
Finally – remember to wear something warm to school. We have our doors and windows open all of the time to ensure that there is air flow in the classroom. We also have an outdoor learning space outside of Wilsford, as the weather gets colder we will continue to use these spaces as much as we can.
I will update our class page with pictures of our learning together over the coming weeks.
I am looking forward to us having lots of fun together over the coming year.
Take a look at our class E-Safety rules that we made at the start of the year. You will need to use a computer for some of the work that we set you. Remember to stay safe on the internet and always tell a grown up before you go online.
Wilsford E-Safety Rules
- If you see something online that makes you uncomfortable you should tell and adult and turn the device that you are using off.
- If you are at school, click on the dolphin and tell a grown up.
- Only play games on the internet with people you know.
- If an older brother or sister asks you to play a game you’re not sure about, ask a grown up.
- Let a grown up know when you are playing online.
Wilsford Class Rules 2020
• Always use good manners and be polite
• Help other people
• Walk everywhere in school
• Always listen
• Be friends with everyone and be kind
• Try and concentrate
• Be thankful
• Look after things in school
• Stay in your own class bubble
• Wash your hands when you arrive at school