We aim to provide all the children with a wide musical experience, both in terms of listening to a varied range of music and through creating, playing, performing and enjoying music. Music is a unique way of communicating that can inspire and motivate children and has a vital role to play in the spiritual and cultural development in children.
We enable children to:
- Know and understand how sounds are made and then organised into musical structures;
- Know how music is made through a variety of instruments;
- Know how music is composed and written down;
- Know how music is influenced by the time, place and purpose for which it was written;
- Develop the skill of performing, composing and appreciating music in individual, paired, small and large group activities.
In addition we offer a range of musical experiences for those who wish to take them up and to which we include as part of our music curriculum:
The opportunity to learn to play descant recorder;
Take up instrument tuition in strings, brass, keyboard, woodwind and vocal;
Experience live performances;
Worship through hymns;
Filming and recording of performances.